We are the leading one-stop-shop for branded payments, making online recharge possible for anyone, anywhere at any time — whether you or someone you love needs credit for calling, gaming, entertainment or money. This is your chance to join an ambitious scaleup in a state of rapid growth; we’ll push you to develop yourself and help you create a real impact in your role. Put simply: we could write history together.
We won’t bore you with a corporate spiel about how we might be taking on the world of branded payments (spoiler: we are). Instead, we’ll let the numbers speak for themselves: $70 million in funding (and counting!), 40%+ growth in 2021, projected $560 million in sales in 2022, 3.0+ million active customers, a presence in 180 countries and 25 markets, a team of 140+ employees and 35+ nationalities, and 1 person missing — you.
We’re on the hunt for the hungriest and most passionate talent out there. If at any point your brain screams “I want in!” while you’re reading this, then consider this the sign you’ve been looking for: we want you too.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead two of our product development teams.
What you’ll do...
Own the design, development, testing, deployment, and operation of key applications, systems, or platform technologies.
Manage, lead and coach a high-performing team of engineers, supporting their professional and personal development, performance and training.
Ensure high-quality, reliable, and secure software systems in line with the roadmap and strategy.
Recruit and retain great individuals, building on our diversity and culture
Run and contribute to initiatives to improve the engagement and wellbeing of the team that you lead.
Define and evolve processes and practices that allow the team to get great work done.
Partner with other Engineering Managers and Product Owners to prioritize initiatives and help shape the work of your team. Manage and minimize dependencies.
Help to maintain a fun, rewarding and results-driven culture
What you’ll bring...
2+ years leading and developing a team of engineers
An agile/lean and data-driven mindset. You’ll have worked in a customer-focused and product-oriented team.
Ability to manage conflict in an open and positive way
Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving
Excellent facilitation skills. Can lead workshops with a broad range of stakeholders.
Great interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
Understanding of quality software engineering practices.
What we offer
30 days of holiday, a great pension scheme, and one of the best relocation packages in Amsterdam
Flexible working hours and an office overlooking the Amstel
MacBook Pro or PC
Budget for noise-cancelling headphones, travel to and from the office, working-from-home and self-learning
Free healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks by our in-house chef
Weekly yoga, bootcamp and guided meditations
Free Dutch classes to help out with daily life in the Netherlands
Regular parties, pub quizzes, bingo sessions, celebrations and other events
1. Apply: Want in? Let us know! Apply for a role and help us get to know your best self.
2. Phone interview: One of our recruiters will get in touch to help you both understand if Recharge is the right next move for you.
3. First interview: You’ll meet with your future line manager (either in person or online) and someone from HR to talk about you, our culture, and whether you're a fit for the job.
4. Assignment & Second interview: Some roles involve a case study. Great! It’s your chance to shine and show us you have what it takes. You’ll present your case study to the Hiring Manager and someone from the team
5. Third Interview: You’ll meet with a key member of the management team
6. Offer: You did it! There are only a few tickets available, and this one has your name on it. Welcome to the team.
This role is based in Amsterdam, as we follow a hybrid way of working.